Tuesday, June 10, 2014

My Favorite Author

My favorite author is Mike Lupica, this is because he writes a lot books about sports and that is my favorite genre. My favorite Mike Lupica book is Summer Ball. Summer Ball is about a young boy who goes to a sleep away basketball camp and it is really cool because they talk a lot about current basketball coaches and players. All of the dorms are made after colleges and they end up playing games and doing tournaments. The main reason I liked this book is because I would love to be at the camp that the kid went to. Another Mike Lupica book I like is Travel Team. This book is about a young boy and he tries out for his basketball team and doesn't make it but after working hard the whole summer he eventually makes the team the next year. I like the way that Mike Lupica embraces the underdog story in most of his books, this makes his books extra intriguing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home